When you speak of skin care you always hear the term collagen. Whilst you may wonder about the interconnection between skin and collagen, you need to be aware that collagen is a vital protein which is responsible towards the complete maintenance of your skin. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it contains levels of collagen which provides nourishment your skin.
It maintains the moisture balance of your skin and hence your skin feels moisturized and nourished at all times. Therefore, you must take extra care with regards to maintaining the collagen levels of your skin.
What Are The Various Factors That Effect Collagen Levels?
Collagen is a protein which is responsible for maintaining the youthfulness of the skin. However, there are various factors which could lead to causing depletion in the production of collagen levels. These factors are namely:
- Consumption of too much alcohol. But do note that a glass of red wine is good to maintain collagen levels. It consists of resveratrol as the vital ingredient which is a rich source of antioxidant.
- Skin is the largest organ and unfortunately the most exposed organ to various harmful environmental factors. The harsh UV rays of the sun are one of the main causes to reduce collagen production.
- There are various environmental factors which prove to be harmful to the skin when exposed to dirt, dust, and pollution.
- Leading an unhealthy lifestyle comprising of lack of exercising leads to depletion of collagen production in the body.
- Eating junk, fried and sugary food is also a cause for reduced collagen production.
What Is The Solution To Boost Collagen Levels?
The above factors mentioned are the vital causes that lead to reducing the collagen levels of the skin. Therefore, it is recommended to keep your collagen levels maintained at all times. You need to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a daily exercise routine and nutritional diet that is rich in antioxidants. Also, a daily routine of skin care can help you protect your skin from various environmental factors and damages. This will help you fight the issue of dryness up to some extent.
How To Keep Collagen Levels Boosted For Longer Duration?
By now you are aware of the importance of collagen levels you need to maintain to have a youthful skin. But as the natural process of aging commences, unfortunately, the signs of aging begin to reflect on the skin. These signs of aging are namely:
- Visible Fine lines
- Crows feet
- Under eye bags
- Eye puffiness
- Dark circles
- Forehead lines
- Smile lines
These signs of aging are responsible for making you look years older to your actual age. Therefore, women are constantly in search of a good anti-aging product which can combat various signs of aging effectively.